Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ephesians 1:5

"In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--...." NIV

I love how parents explain adoption to adopted children. They weren't just born to them; they chose them. God chose me before the world was even created. He knew I would be His daughter through Jesus Christ long before I ever was in existence. And it was "in accordance with His pleasure and will." He had it planned all the time. The need for Jesus didn't pop up as a surprise. He wasn't thrown for a loop when the world needed a savior, wondering, "What am I going to do about this?" He had it under control and was prepared -- knowing where our human nature of free will would take us. And He is pleased that I am one of His children. Even better put, I bring Him pleasure. Lord, help me to live a life pleasing to You and in a way that honors your plans.

Further Thoughts:
1. Read Romans 8:28-39.
2. Since I was "chosen," how should I view my life and live it?
3. In a concordance, look up the many scriptures using the word, "please" or "pleasing."

No comments:

Post a Comment