Thursday, November 19, 2009

Romans 12:2 "Our Transformation Through Christ"

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~Romans 12:2

The amazing thing about surrendering to the lordship of Jesus Christ is that in the act of humbly yielding to Him, you regain your life. The power of Christ transforms you into a new creation that is so much better than the old one. The old one was controlled by vain desires and selfishness. It sought pleasures for self and certainly didn’t see the big picture of life. Every decision and thought was reduced to, “How will this affect me.”

When we are transformed, the “me” is taken care of hidden in Christ. My troubles are temporary and fleeting. My joys are precious gifts from Him. My future is in His hands, and I don’t have to worry about it. My family, neighbors, co-workers, and the people I pass on the street need me to show them His love. I’m just a conduit of caring and compassion. The world may be in chaos, but in this new life, I rise above the chaos to a peace and joy that passes all understanding. Do I still have troubles. Yes. But I face them resting safely in the Father’s capable and protective hand.

Further Thoughts:

  1. Find Scripture that says we are changed, renewed, transformed when we receive Christ.
  2. Is transformation an event or a process? Support with Scripture.
  3. How has God transformed your life?

Father, thank You that I don’t have to stay where I am, but You transform me. Continue to work on my heart to make me more like You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment