Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ezekiel 38:23 "The Holy God Lives in Community"

And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord. ~Ezekiel 38:23

To truly know and love someone, you must spend time with them and get to know their attributes – who they are; what makes them tick; their likes and dislikes. That is what we will be doing this week, and we are beginning with God lives in community. We’ve already discussed that He lives in community with Himself in the form of the Trinity. But, as well, the very reason He created us was to live in community with us. He desires a relationship with His creation.

In Ezekiel we learn that He promises to share His greatness with us. We do not serve a distant, tyrannical deity who has no desire to be a part of our lives whatsoever. We serve a God of love who wants to be involved in every aspect of our lives. He showed His love through creating an amazing world for us to live in. He gave us free will to choose to have a relationship with Him. After we messed that one up, our God provided a way to restore the union we had with Him through great personal sacrifice. Now He lives within us in moment by moment communion. Does God hide from us? Absolutely not. Look around. He is continuously revealing His presence.

Further Thoughts:
  1. List specific ways God continues to reveal His greatness and holiness to you.
  2. Why do we so often fail to see God’s activity in our lives?
  3. What have you been doing lately to purposefully live in community with God?
Father, open my eyes to your activity in my life. Quiet my spirit so I can hear Your words of love and direction in my life. I want to love You more each day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment