Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Romans 8:14-15 "The Reminder of Relationship"

...because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” ~Romans 8:14-15

When we were living without God and in sin, we were walking alone. But now, with His Spirit living within us, we are His children. The separation of sin has no power on our relationship. Because of Christ, we are once again in full relationship with our Creator through His Holy Spirit.

I am no longer alone as a child of God. I walk with the Almighty Creator of the Universe guiding me, teaching me, counseling me every day. There is not a moment He is not with me. He knows me inside and out and still loves me. He applauds my strengths and helps me in my weaknesses. When a new lesson is to be learned, He is right beside me walking through the difficulties and the trials. There is no friend closer or more loyal than my God. And there is nothing I can’t face when His Spirit is with me.

Further Thoughts:

  1. How is your life different today walking with the Spirit compared to when you lived without Him?
  2. How does being a child of God and part of a large family of believers affect how you live?
  3. The Holy Spirit is constantly giving to us in this relationship. How do we give back?
  4. Is there ever any reason to ever feel alone again? Why or why not?

Holy Spirit, I love the fact that You are always with me – guiding me and simply living life with me. Thank You for helping me be my very best. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment