Saturday, May 16, 2015

Here's a Thought

I'm taking a pause from my study of Romans for this thought....

The other day Jim and I went to the movie, The Avengers. Now you have to understand, I'm the SciFi fan. Jim just loves me enough to to take me to indulge my habit.

I love the action, the special powers, that the good guys always win in the end. We ordinary people don't win every day, but super heroes win 99% of the time. That's pretty awesome. I loved the movie.

Jim and I had met up at the theater, so afterwards, I had some alone time on the ride home to think quietly.  It occurred to me that as much as we revere and adore heroes like the Avengers; as much as we are amazed by their special powers, "greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world."  I have the power of the Holy Spirit living in me and He is the ultimate super hero.

Jesus also said, "You will do even greater things than I have done."  

If only one believer learned how to live in that kind of power, can you imagine the difference they would make on our world? And then what if all believers would take command of the power the Father has placed in our hands? The world would never be the same. Forget about faith to move mountains. We'd be moving entire continents for His glory. Just think about the possibilities!

Lord, I want to be an avenger for you. Teach me to live more and more in the power of Your Spirit so me life can reflect Your glory. So be it. 

Further Thoughts:

  1. Look up the verses I referenced above. Read them in their context. What do you learn?
  2. How do we daily live in the power of Christ? What does that mean practically?
  3. How would our life change if we truly believed?



No comments:

Post a Comment