Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ephesians 6:17a "Truly Living in Hope"

"Take the helmet of salvation...." NIV
I can't read this verse without thinking about a really bad hair day. But that's irrelevant.;-)

This one is hard to write about. Everything I would put makes me want to say, "Duh!" It just all seems so obvious to guard our minds, the center of our will, our thoughts and the very essence of who we are with our salvation. His grace and mercy, the cleansing of my sins, the hope of eternity with Him is what will protect me. I need to be sure it's securely in place as the enemy will try to attack those areas of my life -- probably mostly with doubt. It's when doubt creeps into our thinking that our shield of faith begins to waver, the belt of truth becomes subjective, and peace is replaced by confusion.

But when I have the protection of salvation surrounding my every thought, desire, development of who I am, then my thinking and will line up with my Father's plan. I see with His eyes; I hear with His ears. His desires are my desires. And my hope of coming out of all of this in victory with Him is sure.

Father, thank you for the protection of my salvation. Help me to keep my thoughts and will in line with Yours. I want the very heart of who I am to consistently be in tune to You.

Further Thoughts:

  1. How am I guarding my mind from the enemy's attacks? Am I careful about what I see and hear? Am I keeping the hope of my salvation always before me as the most important part of my life? Answer, then read 1 Peter 1:13-16.
  2. What do I need to change in my lifestyle to stay away from the dangers that will attack my mind? (What needs to be taken away; what needs to be added?)
  3. Do I live as a true believer in the hope of my salvation? In other words, do I live my life as a soldier who has the Almighty as the commanding officer? Am I walking boldly and sure? If not, why? What lie is the enemy feeding me that I'm believing?
  4. Read Matthew 21:18-22 and James 1:6. Why is doubting counterproductive to the Christian life?

No comments:

Post a Comment