Thursday, April 8, 2010

Psalm 139:2-4, 7 "God is Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent"

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? ~Psalm 139:2-4, 7

What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do. ~Isaiah 46:11b

These three huge words describe the very best friend we will ever know or who will ever know us. Our omniscient God is all-knowing. No thought you have ever had was hidden from Him. Every idea you have formed, He knew your intentions. Your heart is His reading material and your mind an open book.

God’s omnipresence allows Him to be everywhere at the same time. No corner of the universe is without His presence. When we are on the mountaintop, He is there. When we walk in the valley, He walks with us.

God’s power is omnipotent. There is no one greater or more powerful than He is. Nothing and no one can overcome Him. He is not fatigued or on vacation because His power is endless. He never sleeps nor does He ever need our help. The only thing He needs from us is our friendship.

Further Thoughts:

  1. Describe your ideal friend. How does God compare with your description?
  2. Are these attributes of God overwhelming? Why?
  3. In what ways do these attributes of God help us in living a holy life?
  4. Find other Scripture that talks about God’s omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence.

Father, You are the best possible friend anyone could have. You know every part of me, are always with me, and empower me to face each day. Thank You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment