Thursday, October 2, 2008

Matthew 16:13-16 "Who is He?"

Read Matthew 16:13-16.

"'But what about you?' he asked. 'Who do you say I am?'" NIV

That is the question we all must ask ourselves. Who do we say that Christ is? We as a church remain firm in the definition - He is the Son of God, Second in the Triune. He is 100% God and 100% man. He existed from the beginning of time and lowered Himself to come to earth to be like us. He was crucified, died, and rose again, becoming the final sacrificial lamb for our sins. Through receiving Him as our Savior, we have eternal life with Him. By surrendering our will to His ways, He is our Lord and Master of all our ways. In the last days, He will come again to take His Bride home to eternity with the Father.

This is who Christ is -- divine and human, my Savior and my Lord. The question we all must ask ourselves is, "Do I just give Him lip-service or do I really believe He is who He says He is?" If I don't believe, I will not follow His ways with Him as my Lord and Master. To be a Christian, I must be a Christ-follower. Otherwise, I am just claiming a tradition, not a relationship.

Further Thoughts:
  1. Who do you say Jesus is?
  2. What Scriptures prove His divinity?
  3. Do you live out your life based on your definition of Jesus Christ? If not, why? Is your definition wrong or are your choices wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment