Friday, February 13, 2009

1 Peter 4:12-19 "Shining Sufferers"

Read 1 Peter 4:12-19.

"If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you." NIV

I don't receive insults for being a Christian because I am doing it wrong. I don't receive insults because Christianity is not the way. I don't receive insults because I'm too much of a judgmental, right-wing, conservative fundamentalist. I receive insults because I have the Spirit of glory and of God resting on me. Isn't that an awesome thought? The enemy recognizes God's Spirit on me and he's ticked off. He will do whatever he must do to try to make me discouraged and doubtful of the One I serve and the purpose for serving Him. But he's really messed up because I know I serve the Most High. I know that God is in control. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I read the end of the book -- I'm on the winning side.

So let him send his minions to do their best. I am shining with the glory of the Almighty!

Further Thoughts:
  1. Do you suffer persecution? Thank God that others see Him in you and that you can suffer as our Lord did.
  2. If you ever think you suffer too much for your faith, check out this site. These people know suffering....and they have seen the glory of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment