Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hebrews 4:12-13 "Laid Bare"

Read Hebrews 4:12-13.

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight." NIV
Do you think we will ever fully understand the enormity of these verses? We are told that through obedience we enter into His rest and and then, bam, hit with these verses. God knows me inside and out. He sees every dirty crevice and grimy indentation. He knows not only my thoughts, but my intentions. No corner of my mind or heart is hidden from Him. Every action He sees me make, He also sees the purpose in my heart. I can hide from others and even try to fool myself, but my complete being in all its imperfections covered in some vaguely good deeds is an open book to my Creator.

And here lies the rub, He's also my Savior. I can't hide anything from Him, but then He still loves me. He knows exactly where I fall and where I attempt to shine. He sees ever corner of my heart, and still He loves me. My imperfect being He now views draped in His amazing grace.

Further Thoughts:
  1. Are you thinking you can hide from God or are you just fooling yourself? Why?
  2. If we know we need to hide from God, why don't we just confess and rid ourselves of the things that are sin to Him?
  3. We are all imperfect beings -- some of us are just forgiven. What verses prove that?
  4. Read the words of this amazing hymn. (suggestion: mute the sound.)

No comments:

Post a Comment