Friday, January 23, 2015

Romans 1:4 He is God and Lord!

4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. ~ Romans 1:4 NIV

This is the verse that makes you want to jump up and down and cheer. We serve the One and Only. 

He is the One whom the Spirit of holiness (The Holy Spirit) declared with power (not in weakness, in power) to be the Son of God (an heir to the throne and He is God) by his resurrection (He had the power to overcome sin and death. He was the final sacrifice, but He didn't stay there. He rose up to conquer that which would conquer us without the Him.) Jesus Christ (the name that is above all names) our Lord. (Not only is He our Savior, but He is our Lord - Master, King, the ultimate Leader of our hearts and our lives.)

See why I want to jump up and down? Romans 1:4 is my salvation. It is my hope. It is my eternal address. In Him and only in Him will I live and breathe and serve. 

Lord, I am weak. I can't do anything without the power of You in me. Thank you for your sacrifice -- for paying the price so I won't. I worship you as my Savior, Redeemer, and Lord. So be it.

Further Thoughts:

  1. How is the trinity declared in this verse?
  2. How is His resurrection a declaration that He is the Son of God?
  3. What is the difference between Jesus as Savior and Jesus as Lord?
  4. Have you moved into the realm of living with Jesus as Lord? You can start today.



No comments:

Post a Comment