Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ephesians 1:11-12

"In him we were also chosen having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory." NIV

I was chosen. That's an amazing thought since I in no way deserve to be chosen. I am a weak, sinful creature and only deserve death, but He chose me before I even was. I'm afraid I can't wrap my mind around that. Such unconditional love is the rarest form.

So what do I do with this -- this gift of possession? I must praise His glory -- with my voice, with my thoughts, with my actions. To treat a love like that with anything less would be unthinkable. I can never match His love, but I can give freely of the little that I have. To You be the glory!

Further Thoughts:
1. What is the Greek word for "predestined" used in this passage? (See a Greek Lexicon -- can be found online at places like Crosswalk.com. Go to Study Tools. Use Strong's Numbers NAS or KJV. Click on word in verse.)
2. If I am predestined to be a follower, where is my free will? (See Romans 8:30, John 3:16, I John 1:9)
3. I made a choice to follow Christ. Now what do I do with this gift of possession? How will my attitudes and actions change today because He chose me and I accepted?

No comments:

Post a Comment