Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ephesians 1:8

"...in accordance with the riches of God's grace (8) that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." NIV

I love the word "lavished," especially when it is referring to God's grace. It's such a graphic word. He doesn't just give me grace or extend grace to me. He abundantly covers me in it from head to toe. There is no part of me from which He will hold back His grace. And the amazing thing is -- He does it with "all wisdom and understanding." He knows I do not deserve His grace. He knows I will fail Him multiple times. And yet He doesn't give it out in portions that match my present spiritual state. He lavishes. Thank You, Father, for Your amazing grace lavished on a wretched sinner like me. Help me to lavish others with Your grace.

Further Thoughts:
1. Using a concordance, look up scriptures with the word "grace." Meditate on the graciousness of God and express thanks.
2. When was the last time you "lavished" grace on someone?
3. List ways this week you can "lavish" grace on others.
4. Read Romans 16:20 as my prayer for you. Praise Him for His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment