Monday, May 26, 2008

Ephesians 3:16-19 (Part 1)

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power throughhis Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." NIV

I love how Paul is going along telling the Ephesians about the wonderful mystery revealed in Christ Jesus, and he stops and tells them how he prays for them. Here's the facts of the situation and here's how I pray that they will change your lives. Isn't that awesome?! I want to do that more -- share with people how I'm praying for their lives to be enriched by the power of the Almighty. What a gift that is to give to another human being!

I heard a sermon on this passage a long time ago. One point he emphasized was to pray the prayer for myself as well. Since this is a prayer to the church at Ephesus and I am a part of the church universal, then I can read this prayer and replace all the "you" and "your" with "me" and "my" to personalize it. Wow, not only is this an amazing prayer for others, but also one for myself. Try it. Read through the prayer a couple of times changing the second person pronouns to first person. You'll be blessed.

More on this prayer tomorrow.

Further Thoughts:

  1. Look for other prayers in Scripture that are given for the believer and change the pronouns to make them personal. God wants you to ask for His power in you as well as in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment